Monday, December 1, 2008

post-Thanksgiving















What a great holiday. Mainly an excuse to get together with friends and family and stuff ourselves silly on insanely enormous amounts of food.

I kick myself for not taking much in the way of photos, especially with Norman and Kathryn here. Yeah, it's true, I enjoy the moments more without fussing with cameras, generally speaking, but then, nothing ignites a flood of vivid memory like a photographic souvenir of the event.

Still, once some of the activity and distraction had died down to a certain level, we remembered to bring out the point-and-shoot and at least snatch a shot of the four of us. Thankfully, the kids are old enough that they understand the value it represents to us old farts and they accept their duty willingly and with at least the appearance of cheerfulness.

Included here is not the shot that everybody ELSE liked best... but it's at least the one I look my best in. And since it's MY blog, well...

1 comment:

Amy Esther said...

It's not a terrible shot, so we'll forgive you.

By the way, I'm sitting here shivering and thinking, "Boy, if mom felt like making an extra one of those recycled draft dodgers, I know a kid who could sure use one..."

Maybe you could pass the message along as a Hanukkah hint. I know how she loves keeping us warm...